21 April 2012

WMRI - Spiral Void

Record: 2009 • Edition: 2012 • USC-WR-1204.0042
Dark Ambient, Drone Ambient

The second EP in Black Concept Series of six. Experimental and repetitive ambient, dark in nature and gradually evolving. Slow maelstrom of cyclic drones pierced by thin threads of ghostly synth sounds pulls you into minimalistic atmosphere of an inescapable cold void spiraling deeper from nothing to nothing.

Tracklist:
01.Spiral Void (34:25)

Composed by WMRI. All instruments programmed, music written and arranged by Mike Winchester. Produced and artwork by Mike Winchester.

License note:This is official release made by USC. By downloading our files from links below you directly support artists and label. Our works are created mostly for noncommercial purposes licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike.

MP3 320 CBR
DepositfilesTurbobitUnibytesShare4Web

1 comment:

  1. Onto release three for me and another fine genre example. I'm not over familiar with Lull and Netherworld, and have never heard of Austere, so I can't comment on if I think this album is in their style or not. What I can say is that it yet again of a very high quality and to say the least is more than a little soporific. In fact after three plays I still have not heard the ending as I have fell asleep each playing around half way through the track!. I suppose you could say it is good for insomniacs and the like. Many thanks to you for creating and sharing and I'm off to the next one now. Hopefully I can stay fully awake to review the whole thing.
    [ciderlord • 13.12.2009]

    Not being an expert on ambient, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. Funny though, I found this one a lot more uplifting than 'red' which was supposed to be more light by description.
    [airheart05 • 02.01.2010]

    Manages to create an object of sound based on nothing with some intimation of structure. Sounds a bit paradoxical, but then it actually sounds like a very reasonable drone scape. However, I would not say it was dark as such, more empty perhaps, which effectively becomes 'dark'. Nicely done, either way.
    [Ivan1984 • 29.01.2010]

    ReplyDelete